Sunday, January 22, 2006

Starting out slow

Think it is best to start out slow. Just checking out the new blog, email, photohosting account. Sometime later, I'll get a free hosting spot for movies.

In case we forget some things during our emails and conversations with family and friends over our time in The Netherlands, we thought a blog would be a good place for folks to stop in and visit on their time. It would also be a chance to archive our time here.

I think for now, it will just be me posting until I can get the Mrs. MJ (all of us will use our first and second initials) SJ, and when she learns to type in complete sentences, OA - you will be stuck with me, GM.

Oh, if you like the photo, you can find the high-res here. It was taken a couple of kilometers away coming back from the German border. Better then the Northside, isn't it?

2 Comments:

Blogger JK said...

Great idea. I'll be sure to visit your site. Is the second part of your title a reference to the BBQ joint in Jax?

3:12 PM  
Blogger GM said...

...in a way. They are names after the same thing. "Cracker" is a North Florida term for a "native." It was a term for the first people to put down roots in North Florida. Mostly cattlemen with whips that, well, cracker.

I'll add a "Cracker" link or two later.

9:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

counter create hit